I just finished this great Compressor the other night, and as I am quite happy with the result (there are still some tweaks to do, and the Turbo-Board is still missing) here are some pictures of the new born star!
And as requested I will give some instructions on the DIY-stuff I am posting here, here are the basic links to the inventors, the suppliers, the built instructions, helpers et al… thanks to this great DIY-community here, without the help of many people this wouldn´t have been possible for me to do – I learn so much stuff from you guys every day!
Well, so this is the basic howto, part 1:
– Read all relevant info over here, mainly the Gyraf-page and the SSL Help thread…
– Order the PCBs from gustav at the Black Market in the DIY-Forum here. get 1 x SSL and 2 x Super-Sidechain-Board
– Order the Turbo-Board from expat audio here
– The complete BOM you can find on the forum – If you are in germany, order the parts at Reichelt, and some stuff like the knobs, at musikding.de
– Order the THAT2180 VCAs from Cedos
– Order the 19″ rack case from purusha at the black market in the forum
… stay tuned for some more info, the “how-to-put-things-together”, or mail me for some individual questions on this project… maybe I can help you;
And now some first impressions of the almost finished comp; I will post some sound examples soon!